…there was a fairy tale castle of the most winsome sort that rested on a beautiful parkland and overlooked the cold, shining waters of the Firth of Forth.
Lauriston was its name and it was a lovely place – with plenty of towers and flowers and beauty and grace.
The castle enchanted everyone who visited, both humans and canines alike.
The construction of Lauriston Castle began as a 16th century tower house that a fellow named Sir Archibald Napier of Merchiston built sometime around 1593. A grand Jacobean-style extension was added in 1827.